I got this email sent to me the other day by a Fitbytes Insider.
What’s a good recipe for a smoothie recipe that replaces a meal, natural and high in protein?
Actually, I have this drink below at least 5 times a week after my workouts.
- 2 Scoops Hemp Protein which really is a superior protein and usually has all the 10 essential amino acids, lots of fiber, packed with Omega 3 fats plus minerals. Go here for Hemp Protein====>>>“Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein, 3 Lbs.”
- 1 Scoop Super Green Powder(Natural Berry Flavor) that has a super high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) – a technical term that basically is scored on its ability to deliver antioxidant power. For example, 3.5 ounces of broccoli has an Orac score of 900. However, most green powders can deliver a range of 5000- 9000 ORAC units.
- 1 Cup of Frozen Organic Berries. I always stick to organic fruit. Frozen is cheaper on average.
- 1/2 cups of Veggie/Fruit Juice blend ( I love Trader Joe’s Brand).
- 1 cup of beverage ( organic coconut, unsweetened nondairy beverage, 1% milk or just pure water).
- 1 small organic banana
- You may want to buy only 16 ounces of Hemp Protein rather than 3lbs to see if you like it.
- Place the liquid first into the blender than slowly add the dry ingredients as its blending on low. Less clumping.
- Experiment with the taste by adding any fruit you may like. Also, make it even more healthier by adding a tsp of raw almond butter, flax seeds, liquid multiple or chia seeds just to name a few add ins.
- To make it a little more bearable for those who aren’t use to eating so healthy then even add a tablespoon of stevia or my favorite, agave. Don’t worry about the sugar calories since you’ll burn them off especially if you’re working out.
- For breakfast try any of the following with your drink if not enough: hard boiled egg, turkey bacon (all natural of course), slice Ezekiel’s toast with almond butter, donut (kidding), oats.
So, there you go. Try this out and comment below. Oh ya, click on the link below to try Hemp Protein at a great cost.