Must Have Tips For Losing Weight
1. Write down a Short-Term (6 week) and Intermediate-Term (12 week) Diet and Fitness Goal: Just like a starting a business or financial plan, you need some type of goal and action plan. So, write down your goals and under each one write down what you’ll change in your diet for success i.e.: what foods you’ll eliminate.
2. If you find it difficult to create an action plan for fitness/and or diet then I suggest you hire a trainer and/or nutritionist for a plan.
Choose the Right Carbohydrates: Avoid all white sugary foods:
White pasta, bread, sugar, baked goods, artificial sweeteners, corn syrup, honey, cereals (99%), and white rice..
Add the following foods to your diet (organic whenever possible):
- • Sweet potatoes/yams
- • brown rice
- • Oatmeal
- • Barley
- • Wheat Berry (Look for bread made of wheat berry not flour)
- • Black Beans
- • Kidney beans
- • Lentils
- • Quinoa
- • Bran
- • Strawberries
- • Melon
- • Berries
- • Apple
- • Orange
Protein: Protein will help you preserve lean body tissue and keep your appetite at bay.
- • Chicken breast
- • Whey Protein
- • Egg Protein
- • Lean ground turkey
- • Swordfish
- • Egg Whites
- • White Fish (haddock, white tuna, cod, crab,shrimp)
- • Top round steak
- • Top sirloin steak
- • Turkey Breast
- • Buffalo
- • Low-fat cottage cheese
- • Tempeh
- • Seitan
- • Tofu
- • salmon
Fat: When you’re on a strict weight loss diet, good fats should be about 20 % of your calorie intake.
Good fats are listed below:
- • Flax seeds
- • Fish oil including salmon
- • Seeds
- • Canola, Olive and Flax Oil
- • MCTs
- • Avocados (limit)
- • Cashews and Almonds
- • Oil spread
VEGETABLES: Load up!!! Great for digestion, vitamins and feeling full.
- • Broccoli
- • Asparagus
- • Lettuce, Mixed Greens ( try to add mixed greens to lunch and dinner)
- • Cauliflower
- • Kale
- • Collard Greens
- • Green beans
- • Green peppers
- • Mushrooms
- • Spinach
- • Brussels sprouts
- • Cabbage
- • Celery
- • Summer Squash
- • Yams
- • zucchini
- • Cucumber
- • Onion
Add these to a dish for sweetness: corn, peas and carrots.
Supplements: Must haves for any dietary plan.
Probiotic multiple vitamin and mineral
- Flax Oil
- Chromium Picolinate
- Protein Powder(whey, rice,hemp and/or egg)
1.Find a buddy to set goals. A buddy is great for support and fun.
2 .If your looking for a healthy food plan that will involve almost all the foods I suggested than go Mediterranean. The food is tasty, healthy and robust with texture. Go online or to any book store and you’ll find hundreds of Mediterranean recipes.
3.Calories do matter: yet, remember if you eat 1000 calories of fast food or 1000 calories from organic ingredients which one do you think will make you look better? Remember, eat organic,natural and healthy and your body will love you. Also, choose some type of caloric guideline for yourself. This will give you some type of boundary to keep to lose weight. Eat small (micro) meals throughout the day which will keep your blood sugar more even and you’ll be less apt to overindulge. Example: hardboiled egg with fruit Meal 2 greek yogurt and handfull raw almonds Meal 4 organic vegetable soup and salad greens with 2 ounces protein Meal 5 protein drink Meal 6 3 ounces salmon, sweet potato, broccolini
4. Plan meals ahead of time: I recommend getting storage containers and a cooler so you can bring food with you (car, work, travel, etc…). In addition, find some recipes you love for foods high in protein and cook a weeks worth on day you have free time. IE: baked or grilled jerk chicken breast. It’s hard to find healthy protein alternatives at work or on the road.
5. Remove Weight Loss Barriers from your surroundings: Eliminate all your trigger foods from your cabinets. Create a different route for driving to discourage you from buying fast foods. Eat healthy before you go to food shop or a party. Drink tons of water.
6. Water, Water: I can’t stress water enough. Almost a gallon a day. Ya, if you’re working out INTENSLY , drink almost a gallon. Don’t believe coffee, juice, carbonated water, vitamin water, etc… will replace it. Just pure spring water. If you want to indulge in other drinks go ahead (just read the label and calorie content).
7. Fake sweeteners: eliminate all artificial ingredients unless you want to completely take your chances of long term health. That’s all I have to say on this subject. Try Stevia, Agave and eliminate sugars as much as possible. I’d rather see you eat raw, organic sugar than any refined and/or artificial sweetener.
8. Buy a journal to write down daily food and fitness intakes. You need to track your plan for at least 30 days.
9. Eliminate Foods from your diet slowly rather than all at once if your history of dieting is to go off dieting one day And give up. For example, rather than cut caffeine completely out of your diet.
Week 1 go from 2 cups to 1 cup.
Week 2 switch to ½ decaf and ½ caff.
10. Eliminating and or cutting back on gluten, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, animal fat, all baked goods and whole milk will help you lose Weight quickly. Once you meet your goals you can add these periodically to your overall meal plan by preference. I realize your human and not a bodybuilder.
1. Cardio: Some trainers will tell you that cardio is not needed to lose weight. Well, first of all! If you’re a body builder who eats boiled chicken, no snacks and supplements up the whazoo then ya, I’ll agree. Yet, if you’re someone who wants to feel great, have a healthy heart and cut calories then start moving. Running is your best bang for the minute. If you have bad knees or any serious injuries than find an alternative so you can burn some calories. Set a goal of a 10k, or any other sporting competition. Make it fun.
2. Weights: In-home, gym and/or outdoors. Resistance is the key to increasing muscle mass and losing weight. Remember, you have to have tension for the muscle to react. Doing 400 reps with light weight will get you one thing, injured tendons. So, try to add weights as you get stronger and perform 8-20 reps. I love body fitness routines i.e. push ups, pull ups, plyometrics etc… Try to perform a weight resistance program a minimum of two days per week.
3. Motivation: workout with a partner or trainer. Better yet. Hire a trainer to workout your buddy and you at the same time. Obviously, your partner has to be close to your fitness level.