People ask me all the time to give them a diet menu for breakfast.Â So, here’s a quick list of 15 healthy and lean breafast choices to get and/or stay lean.Â Â Increase the quantity if you need too.Â However, it’s best to eat small frequent mealsÂ throughout the day.
- 2-3 egg whites/ 8 ounces protein smoothie
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese/cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup organic oats/sliced fruit
- 1/2 cup oatmeal/crushed raw nuts/organic blueberries
- 1-2 cups organic fruit/2-3 slices all natural turkey bacon
- turkey or chicken breakfast sausages/slice eziekiel toast with almond butter
- low fat greek yogurt/organic granola/small fruit
- slice eziekiel toast with almond butter and sliced banana
- 1 cup Natures Path bran flakes cereal/sliced fruit
- hard boiled egg/8 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice/1 cup Greek yogurt
- veggie drink (spinach, kale, carrot), slice eziekiel toast withÂ 1 tspÂ earth balance butter
- hand full raw almonds or nuts, veggie drink (see above)or protein smoothie, organic oatmeal bar
- 1/2 cup oat bran, grapefruit with agave sweetener
- 2-3 ounces salmon, sliced melon
- 1/2 cup organic oatmeal with crushed raw almonds or flax, sliced banana and berries
Well, I hope this gives you some ideas of “get lean” breakfast ideas.Â Do you have to always eat all these types of foods.Â No, you can eat your standard cheerios, waffles, etc…but you must watch your calories.Â Plus, like I have voiced in most of my diet blogs, ” It all depends on your goals!”.Â Â If you want to get real lean, then you’ll have to sacrifice not eating processed baked goods and most foods that are high in sugar,fat and salt.Â You can get healthy, lean and fit by making smart choices.
Please note: protein bars are not a source of quality protein but just a glorified candy bar.Â Your better off with an all natural oat or nut bar.
Please give me some of your favorite “get lean” breakfast samples.Â I’d like to see them.