Lean Turkey and Currant Recipe for just the right amount of sweetness.
As you know, a diet that consist of a combination of lean proteins, organic veggies, high fiber carbs and organic fruits can lead to weight loss success when combined with a calorie burning, muscle developing plan.
Yet, eating just plain simple protein foods is boring for many and usually leads to failure. The best solution is to defeat diet blues and create ” Go To” recipes that are tasty and good for you. I prefer recipes that you can double and even quadruple to use throughout the week or month if frozen. Also, I cook protein recipes that I can place on top of salads, stir fry with organic veggies or simply eat with organic fruit.
So, below is one of my favorite ground turkey recipes that gives turkey chili a run for its money since its alot more versatile. Try it out and let me know if you enjoy it as much as i do….
- 1 pound of unprocessed lean ground turkey meat
- 16 ounce can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of brown rice ( Trader Joes’ or Whole Foods ready-made frozen)
- 1/2 cup of chopped raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup of organic golden raisins or currants (chopped)
- 1-3 tbsp of each cinnamon, oregano, sea salt and black pepper (all to taste)
- 2 medium chopped white onion
- 1-2 tbsp chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- chopped fresh parsley to taste (I use a small handfull)
- Brown turkey in olive oil. Cook thoroughly. Place aside
- Saute’ chopped onion, garlic in olive oil till lightly brown. Add cinnamon, oregano, sea salt and black pepper (all to taste). Stir in currants or golden raisins , walnuts and brown rice. Combine and mix together well. Add Turkey and again mix and combine together.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- Place on mixed greens with side of organic fruit.
- Mix with organic Stir Fried veggies
- Place on a toasted Ezekiel English Muffin
- Wrap in high fiber wheat tortilla with natural mozzarella, spinach leaf and tomatoe slice.
- Stuff peppers and bake for 40 minutes in foil